Lately we have been having great luck finding delicious, cheap, and fast meals. This recipe is included in that category because it's the perfect meal! Not only is it absolutely delicious, it's incredibly easy and fast to make.
This is also one of those meals that looks incredibly fancy so it's perfect for impressing someone - maybe even yourself! It's the perfect autumnal (and dare we add wintertime) meal to warm you up and fill your heart and tummy with love.
Pan Fried Gnocchi with Kale and White Beans
Recipe adapted from She Cooks. She Gardens.
1 package whole wheat store-bought gnocchi
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp red chili pepper flakes
1 carrot, grated
1 15 oz. can diced San Mmarzano tomatoes
1 15 oz. can white beans (we used navy beans but Romano would be great too)
1 cup of kale, cut into small ribbons, woody stems removed
½ cup vegetable stock
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil and pan-fry the gnocchi until golden brown and just starting to soften.
2. Remove to plate and set aside.
5. Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and chili to pan with some more olive oil.
6. Cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant and then add the carrot.
7. Cook until the carrot is soft (a couple of minutes) and then add the tomato, white beans, stock and gnocchi which was set aside earlier.
8. Stir well to combine and then pop the lid on for a couple of minutes and bring to a boil.
9. Add the kale and stir through.
11. Turn off the heat, garnish with any vegan cheese if you want or fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.