Here is a quick and easy weeknight mac and cheese that won't disappoint! We like to serve our mac and cheese with Valentina Hot Sauce because it's the best thing ever. Buy some because it's cheap and yummy and you will want it on everything.
Easiest Ever Soy-Free Vegan Mac and Cheese
Adapted from Silk
1 cup of uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk (we have had some close calls, grabbing the Vanilla, rather than the original.. eeek!)6 tbsp nutritional yeast2 cloves garlic, minced2 tsp Dijon mustard1 cup pumpkin puréeSalt and pepper to taste
Red chili pepper flakes for heat and yumminesssss
1. Cook pasta according to package and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, bring almond milk to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Whisk in nutritional yeast, garlic, and mustard. Continue to cook for 2 minutes until it begins to thicken.
4. Whisk in pumpkin unti completely smooth and thickened to your liking. You can always add more milk if it gets too thick.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir in the pasta and serve!