We don't know about you, but us Kitchen Grrrls would love to spend Christmas somewhere warm and tropical. Unfortunately, we are stuck here in the cold (but actually not that cold this year) to celebrate the holidays.
Theses cookies are tropical-like with all the coconut and pineapple mixed in with a classic shortbread. Really delicious and really easy - the way Christmas baking should be!
Pineapple Coconut Crescents
Recipe by Jo Cooks
· 2 cups all purpose flour
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 cup unsalted butter
· 1/4 cup cornstarch
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
· 3/4 cup lightly toasted coconut flakes
· powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until nice and creamy. In another bowl mix flour, cornstarch and salt.
2. Add the pineapple and coconut to the butter mixture and mix until well incorporated over medium to high speed.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until well blended. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
5. Shape the dough into crescents and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool them on wire racks and then sprinkle with powdered sugar