CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
YUMMY YUMMY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
BEAUTIFULLY ROUND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
Now go and make them yourself.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
Recipe by The Chic Life
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 stick butter, softened/room-temp
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg (or flaxseed-egg)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugars and butter till creamy. (I used a handheld mixer, but you could probably just use a whisk). Add egg and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Mix wet into the dry. Note: it will appear there is not enough liquid for the amount of dry ingredients, but continue mixing. It will form into a dough, it will just be a firm dough. See tips above for combining. Careful to not overmix.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into the dough, without overmixing.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 20 minutes before using a small sorbet scoop to scoop out dough into small mounds. Roll each mound into a ball and spread evenly on a baking sheet, leaving roughly 2-3 inches between each ball.
- Bake balls for 10-14 minutes, depending on how set you want your centers. If you use egg, and you’re paranoid like me, you can use a meat thermometer to ensure the centers of the balls are at least 160 degrees F, which many web sites say is the safe temp to eat eggs.
- Let your dough balls rest on the baking sheet to cool at least 5-10 minutes.