WARNING: EXTREMELY DELICIOUS AND ADDICTING.
So, now that you have been warned, you are free to decide whether or not you want to make these cookies.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
From Handle the Heat
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat white flour)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (a must!)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
2. Beat peanut butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Mix in flour until just incorporated then mix in oats, baking soda, and cinnamon, if using. Be careful not to over-mix. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, drop balls of evenly sized dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving enough room for cookies to spread slightly. Bake for 10 minutes (yes, exactly 10 minutes, not more). Cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled stored in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.