- 1 cup icing sugar (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoons water (30 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (2 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (5 ml)
- In small bowl, combine warm water and a pinch of sugar. Add yeast and let sit until foaming, about 5 to 10 minutes
- In a large bowl add milk, 3 tbsp. of oil and 3 tbsp. sugar. Stir. Add the yeast mixture to the milk mixture. Stir with wooden spoon to blend. Add egg and salt. Stir until blended. Add sour cream and stir to combine. Add 2 ½ cups of the flour and stir with wooden spoon until mixture comes together.
- Make the filling by combining the sugar, cinnamon, allspice and pecans. Punch down dough. Roll dough on a lightly floured piece to a 10 ½ by 15 ½ -inch rectangle. Brush dough with the 2 tbsp. of melted margarine. Sprinkle filling evenly over dough.
- Turn rectangle so longest side is closest to you. Roll tightly away from you like. Pinch and seal the ends. With serrated knife, cut roll into 12 equal slices (each slice about 1 ½-inch thick). Transfer slices to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about ½-inch space between buns. Cover loosely with tea towel. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly brush tops with melted margarine. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until buns are golden brown. Let rest on the baking sheet, to cool slightly before brushing on the glaze.
- Combine icing sugar, vanilla, water and cinnamon. Brush warm cinnamon buns with glaze.