Welcome to our blog! My sister (Riley) and I (Caitlin) have been talking about starting a food blog for over a year... and now it's finally materializing. Finally. We are super exciting to share with the internet all our delicious food. We've been doing a lot of taking (and by taking I mean reading blogs and trying out recipes) so now we're going to give back with our own blog.
Yay for sharing! So hopefully you like what we have to offer.
Truth be told a lot of these pictures and recipes date back to Fall 2009 so if you see Christmas trees or Halloween tablecloths (as you're about to witness), don't judge! It's all so good we couldn't not post it.
Alright so here's our first recipe and pictures... enjoy!
This recipe was ridiculously addictive. We thought we'd start off with this because we hope you'll get ridiculously addicted to our blog. Haha. Maybe one day....
Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic with Toasted Almonds
Adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray
- 2 heads cauliflower (about 5 pounds), trimmed and separated into 2-inch florets
- 2 heads garlic, separated into unpeeled cloves, pointed ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 500°. Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, cumin and pepper. Drizzle the seasoned oil over the cauliflower and garlic; toss to coat. Spread the vegetables in a single layer and roast until the cauliflower is tender and lightly charred, 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then, using your fingers, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins into a large serving bowl; discard the skins.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and almonds to the garlic and toss.